Outdated is the new updated. It’s good to let go of the past. But if you just can’t part ways with something, then at least give it some new life. See what’s possible when we do things together.
1. Upcycle old computer parts into Nike “junk dunks.”
Gabriel Dishaw / gabrieldishaw.sqsp.com / Via gabrieldishaw.sqsp.com
2. Never lose track of your files again with a USB flash drive cassette.
onktokatuh / Via etsy.com
3. iCat — can you cat?
AtomicAttic / Via etsy.com
That old Mac gains a new lease on life as a cat house.
4. Can you resist this jewelry?
Resistor earrings: digiBling / etsy.com
Resistor Cufflinks: Techcycled / etsy.com
5. All of your childhood memories… now have memory of their own.
SUPERSOCK / Via etsy.com
500 GB of it to be exact. This Game Boy has been converted into a portable hard drive with 500 GB of flash memory.
6. This computer “keybag” makes qwert the statement.
joaosabino.pt / Via webshop.joaosabino.pt
7. Upcycle old disposable cameras into tasteful decorations.
ThroughTheDoggyDoor / Via etsy.com
That’s as pretty as a picture.
8. What once held your data now holds your drawers.
Techcycled / etsy.com
Wear a ribbon cable belt for a retro rainbow look.
9. Now that’s a compact lunch.
hahatango / CC BY 2.0 / Via Flickr: [email protected]
Old CD cases make the perfect bagel transportation.
10. It’s time you learned to recycle your motherboard…
ReComputing / Via etsy.com
…into a colorful wall clock.
11. Now this is high-definition nature programming.
Matt Biddulph / CC BY-SA 2.0 / Via Flickr: [email protected]
That TV in your grandparents’ garage makes a great fishbowl or terrarium.
12. “If I told you half the things I’m made of, you’d probably short circuit.”
Those things include: computer parts, adding machines, capacitors, VCRs, typewriters, and leather from a Louis Vuitton wallet.
13. Give a gift that says: “You complete me.”
echcycled / Via etsy.com
…with this circuit board ring.