If you’re a self-hosted WordPress blogger, you know the importance of a good theme. It’s the first thing your visitors see when they come to your blog, and as the old saying goes, you only get one chance at a first impression. If you don’t have a good WordPress theme, that first impression may be the only one you get. That’s why I use StudioPress.
StudioPress is one branch of Copyblogger Media (the company behind Copyblogger.com). Copyblogger shows you how to do content marketing while StudioPress gives you a platform to do it on by providing quality, premium WordPress themes.
Why do you need a Premium WordPress Theme?
Whether your WordPress theme is one you designed yourself, a free one you found online somewhere, or a premium theme you bought or had custom-made, it’s important that it looks good.
But more than just the looks, there are several advantages of having a premium theme:
- Correct coding: Combining PHP, HTML, and CSS to render a fast-loading, search-engine-friendly, good-looking, and properly-functioning WordPress theme is beyond the skills of most bloggers. You can risk doing it yourself or rely on a pretty screenshot from an unreliable source… or you can trust experienced professionals.
- Regular updates: The WordPress core is regularly updated. For your site to work the way it is supposed to, your them also needs to be updated. Some free themes are maintained by their creators, but there’s no guarantee how long that maintenance will continue. Purchasing a premium theme that is backed by a reputable company is a much more reliable option. StudioPress themes are frequently updated to keep up with changes in WordPress.
- Malware-free: When you get a free theme, you don’t really know what you are getting. Your theme might be fine, but unless you go through it line-by-line you won’t know for sure if it’s safe from exploits. Premium WordPress themes by StudioPress are safe from these hidden threats.
- Technical Support: If you are using a free theme or one you coded yourself, who do you contact when something doesn’t work properly? How do you ask for help? You can spend hours upon hours looking for a solution online for a free theme. With a premium theme from StudioPress, you can easily get technical support in the forums.
One Theme or Many?
StudioPress themes are built on the Genesis Framework. This framework is the heart of StudioPress. The different designs they sell are “child themes” that change the look of the basic Genesis theme. If you get Genesis and one child theme, you get all the benefits mention above for somewhere around a hundred dollars (it varies a little bit depending on which child theme you choose).
But what if a few months later you want to change your theme? Or what if you make a new site entirely? Sure, you can buy a new child theme every time you need one. Or you can buy all the StudioPress child themes (there are currently 44) plus every child theme they create in the future for one low price with the StudioPress Pro Plus All-Theme Package.
StudioPress Pro Plus Isn’t for Everyone
Let’s be honest. Not everyone needs the StudioPress Pro Plus package. If the following list describes you, I suggest you save your money:
- You don’t have a self-hosted WordPress site
- Blogging is your hobby and you aren’t trying to make any money or a name for yourself
- You have only one site and don’t ever plan to have another and don’t ever plan on updating the look of your site
However, this product is great for people who:
- Are serious about making money online
- Want to present themselves as a respectable authority
- Maintain a company site
- Operate several WordPress sites
- Work on WordPress sites for clients
If you care about your site design and care about how you come across to your audience, StudioPress might be just the thing you need.
But You’d Better Decide Quickly…
StudioPress has just announced that they will soon be increasing the price of the StudioPress Pro Plus package. Currently, you can get all the Genesis Framework with all 44 child themes (and any future themes) for $299.95. That’s over $800 in savings compared to buying each child theme separately.
On Tuesday, January 31, the price of the Pro Plus package is increasing to $349.95.
For all you’re getting, that’s still a really good price, but if you think the StudioPress Pro Plus Package might be good for you, why cost yourself an extra $50 when you don’t have to? Get it before Tuesday and save yourself some money.
Even More Savings When You Buy Through My Link
I am an affiliate for StudioPress, which means if you buy stuff from StudioPress through my link, I get a commission. As an affiliate, sometimes they give me discount codes. It just so happens that I have a discount code for the Pro Plus package that will save you 10% on your purchase until Tuesday.